Lane and sidewalk closures are set to begin overnight Sunday, January 19. See the FDOT announcement and map PDF File (caution - large file - 4 megs).
- One lane in each direction of Sunrise Boulevard between NE 20th Avenue and Middle River Drive will be closed overnight Sunday, January 19 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. This closure will allow the contractor to prepare the roadway for the upcoming traffic shift.
- The left turn from westbound Sunrise Boulevard onto NE 20th Avenue will be restricted beginning Sunday, January 19 through early 2016. Converting the left turn lane into a through lane will facilitate the flow of westbound traffic in two lanes.
- Two eastbound lanes of Sunrise Boulevard between NE 20th Avenue and Middle River Drive will be closed overnight Monday, January 20 from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. This closure will allow the contractor to prepare the roadway for the upcoming westbound lane reduction and traffic shift.
- Two westbound lanes of Sunrise Boulevard between Middle River Drive and NE 20th Avenue will be closed overnight Monday, January 20 and will remain closed through March 31, 2014. Westbound traffic will travel in two lanes on the existing bridge beginning January 20, 2014 through August 2014, when it will be shifted onto the temporary bridge through early 2016.
- The north sidewalk of the bridge will be closed beginning Monday, January 20 through early 2016. Pedestrians will be detoured to the south sidewalk at Middle River Drive and NE 20th Avenue, until August 2014 when they may use the sidewalk on the north side of the temporary bridge or continue to use the south sidewalk of the existing bridge.
Project Updates: The project team will be distributing periodic updates. If you would like to receive project updates by email, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of Sunrise Boulevard Middle River Bridge Replacement Updates. For additional project information, please contact Ms. Dayana Inglesias, Public Information Officer, 954-940-7585 - email email@example.com.