Saturday, April 21 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. you are invited to a party with a purpose at our local Birch State Park. The all-day extravaganza offers engaging activities that celebrate the values of sustainability, community and fun! The festivities include:
- Sea oat planting and dune restoration
- A variety of organic and vegan food
- Ecologically-focused workshops
- Activities for Kids and Adults all day
- Volunteer opportunities -- Sea turtle rescue and more
- Free giveaway of 100 native trees (to volunteers of the Dune Restoration)
- Live entertainment - featuring Teri Catlin, the Didgeridoo Band, and a sunset Drum Circle
- Educational displays by local sustainable businesses and organizations
- Free water saving Shower Head Exchange
Showerhead Exchange Information
The City of Fort Lauderdale is sponsoring a FREE showerhead exchange for City utility customers at the Earth Day Every Day event set for Saturday, April 21st. The event, which has activities for the entire family, is taking place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Hugh Taylor Birch State Park, located at 3109 E. Sunrise Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale. To receive a new, high-efficiency showerhead, simply bring a copy of your Fort Lauderdale utility bill and your old showerhead to the City's booth and exchange it for a new one. There is a limit of two showerhead exchanges per household, and they are available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
The showerheads for the exchange are being offered through Conservation Pay$, which is rebate program developed by the Broward Water Partnership (BWP). The BWP is comprised of 18 municipalities and water utilities that are committed to providing opportunities and incentives to encourage our neighbors to save water.
For more information about the showerhead exchange, please contact the City of Fort Lauderdale 24-hour Customer Service Center at (954) 828-8000 or online at www.fortlauderdale.gov/customerservice. You may also contact Customer Service via LauderServ, the City's Android application.